Thursday 2 January 2020

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year to all;  to friends & family, to all the lovely people who have stayed with us at Pry House Farm B&B, in the Shepherds Hut and at Hillcrest Cottage.

  A special new year greeting to those of you who read my blog from the far flung corners of the globe.  I have blog followers all over Europe and as far away as America, Russia, Singapore and Australia.  I am always amazed at the level of interest in our way of life up here, high in the hills in the Yorkshire Dales. I don't suppose for one minute we will ever meet face to face but its lovely to know you enjoy reading the blog.


 Christmas came and Christmas went!  The decorations and cards have come down today, the tree is bare and has been put outside and the lights are packed away for another year.  I enjoyed making festive wreaths for both Pry House Farm and Hillcrest Cottage but this cheerful gnome (or is he an elf?) is the most creative use of Christmas tree off cuts I've ever seen.  Makes everyone smile!


 And so we start a new year and a new decade. As farmers we knuckle down and prepare for January and February the two hardest months of the year.  Someone asked me the other day if there would be snow this winter.  'You might not get any', I replied, 'but where I live, we certainly will!'

At this time of year its quiet at the head of the dale.  Few come for bed & breakfast preferring to wait for the better weather and the longer days but Hillcrest remains popular all year round.  What could be nicer than a cosy country cottage, fresh air aplenty, pub on your doorstep, log burner blazing?

And we are dog friendly too.  
For lots more photos have a look at the gallery on my website
http://upperswaledaleholidays.co.uk/

Happy New Year - come and see us soon!




No comments:

Post a Comment