Thursday 10 April 2014

Barn Owl Rescue Story in Print


FEEDBACK


Remember last year when I daringly climbed up an electricity pole to rescue a young Barn Owl?
Today, in the post, I received a copy of the Barn Owl Trust's magazine, Feedback, and my account of the rescue and photographs are featured in the Short Stories section.

Fame at last or is it a case of 'Does my bum look big perched precariously up a ladder???!!!'

The magazine highlights the falling numbers in Barn Owls throughout the country mainly due to their natural habitat being intensively farmed which drastically reduces the owl's hunting ground.  Other factors are pesticides & poisons, major roads and hard winters & late springs.  I am keeping my fingers crossed that the two young owls born last year near Pry House and the parent birds have survived the winter and that we have more owlets again this spring.  



No comments:

Post a Comment